The latest version of Gephi has been released, download it for Windows, Mac OS and Linux platforms. This release captitalizes the bugfixes and stability improvements we have done over the last few months. It also greatly improves the Mac OS X compatibility with the Gatekeeper and Retina Display support. Gephi should now starts right away when double-clicking on the App with a Gatekeeper-enabled computer. However if you have an older version of Gephi on your computer, you should uninstall it and remove the user directory, see the installation instructions.
This release is the first one based on our new Continuous Integration environment. This new system makes it easy for developers to create a new release and for beta-testers to test an early version. Users eventually get a software which has been tested much more heavily and by a larger population compared to previous releases.
Plugins need to be checked for compatibility. They will reappear on the Plugin Center in the coming days, as they are verified. Thanks for your patience.
New and Noteworthy
* Data Laboratory’s time interval merge strategy now supports custom date format
* Improved parser for dynamic types. Literal strings are now supported.
* Add Retina Display support to the Mac OS X version
* Filters ‘Duplicate’ does not work (Issue 176)
* Exporting SVG File throws DomException due to invalid stroke-widths (Issue 697)
* File name entered is lost when changing folder (Issue 463)
* Datalab: can’t export all columns (Issue 628)
* NullPointerException when importing from database (Issue 691)
* Filter on column created with regex causes crash (Issue 663)
* “Long cannot be cast to a String” when either exporting a graph or saving a gephi file (Issue 679)
* Mapping of Escape Keyboard Shortcut for “Save changes before closing?” dialog box (Issue 686)
* DataLab: filling edge weight column doesn’t work when dynamic (Issue 619)
* Spreadsheet import of dynamic data: support of “infinity” (Issue 631)
* Missing license headers (Issue 664)
* Spreadsheet import and self-loops (Issue 683)
* Timelime interval set in infinite loop (Issue 712)
* OutDegreeRange broken (Issue 651)
* Shortest path on filtered graphs fails (Issue 650)
* Weighted degree computation fails (all values 0) when a filter is applied (Issue 636)
* Dot parser fixes (Issue 621)
* Filtering leads to Null Pointer exception when saving (Issue 617)
* Partition percentages incorrectly composed across filters (Issue 637)
* Start/end attributes are always imported using DATETIME format (Issue 649)
* HeatMap / Shortest Path on undirected Graph wrongly paints / calculates (Issue 630)
* Typo fix connetion to connection (Issue 642)
* Timeline sparkline bug (Issue 615)
* Fixes calculation of clustering coefficient on graph (Issue 625)
* Unix timestamp support (Issue 612)
* GML loading cannot accept scientific notation for float-type edge property (Issue 300)
* GML export does not respect specs (Issue 604)
* GEXF export outputs incorrect files (Issue 570)
* Problems with export of PNG files (Issue 601)
* Edge pencil: unable to set edge directedness (Issue 549)
* Presets of “Preview settings” are incorrectly / not saved (Issue 575)
* Option “Time intervals as dates” in Timeline (Issue 613)
* 8.1 and 8.0 both freeze at start-up when on network (Issue 592)
* Data laboratory max columns unintuitive (Issue 590)
* Modularity with Edge Weight Causes Array Out-of-Bounds (Issue 577)
The next version will be a new serie (0.9) and will bring a strengthen core and new features. Stay tuned for that.
Feel free to reach to us if you are willing to organize events (meetups, workshops, hackathon, etc.), we will support them.