A new alpha version has been released in the night. It mostly includes latest bug fixes and small features developed. Thanks to users that reported issues on the forum or through the embedded crash reporter. Remaining issues will be fixed in a upcoming updates and future versions.
Changes were also deployed throught the AutoUpdate feature. Go to Help > Check for Updates in Gephi.
- Welcome screen, with recent opened files and samples.
- CSV Importer. Import adjacency lists.
- UCINET DL files importer. Import edge lists and full matrix.
- DOT Import. Import DOT GraphViz files. Support directed, undirected, labels and colors only. No subgraph support.
- Better memory starvation detection .
Check releases notes and download latest version. Please uninstall previous versions before.
This version includes a welcome screen, with samples graph file:
Introducing Gephi 0.7 from gephi on Vimeo.
This is a “madness” screencast overview of brand new Gephi 0.7. Turn on the sound, go on Vimeo to see it in HD, and enjoy!
The video highlights the following features:
||Group nodes into clusters and navigate in multi-level graphs.
|* multi-level layout:
||Very fast layout algorithm that coersen the graph to reduce computation.
||Highlight neighbors and interact directly with the visualization when using tools.
||Use data attributes to colorize partitions and communities.
||Use degree, metrics or data attributes to set nodes/edges’ color and size.
||Run various algorithm in one click and get HTML report page.
|* data laboratory:
||Data table view with search feature.
||Use Timeline to explore dynamic graphs.
||Dynamic queries, create and combine a large set of filters.
|* auto update:
||The application is updating itself it’s core and plugins.
|* vectorial preview:
||Switch to the preview tab to put the final touch before explorting in SVG or PDF.
Creative Commons By-NC-SA
Feather Drug – Mysteries – Album Beta test V0.1
We are testing the AutoUpdate feature, the following bugfixes have been deployed to our server. Therefore updates are available from your Gephi installation.
- Edge Weight Filter cannot be chained (bug 523941)
- GEXF hierarchy not imported correctly (bug 522896)
- craches on closing project with dynamic filter active (bug 523110)
- Filter button still active across workspaces (bug 523124)
- Meta-Edges are not displayed after opening project (bug 526040)
- hierarchy1.gexf not imported correctly (bug 522896)
- Problems when restoring Ranking Window (bug 526126)
To update, select Help > Check for Updates in Gephi. Note that you need Gephi 0.7 alpha 2.
The notification may also appears directly at the bottom right of the window.
Gephi 0.7 alpha2 was just released. It increases stability and fix issues that were reported on our forum and bug tracker. Thanks for your valuable feedbacks!
Normally, for minor versions like those, Gephi updates itself by asking users to update when Gephi starts. This AutoUpdate feature was not yet available for 0.7alpha but is working now. Therefore users need to download this new 0.7alpha2 version to profit for upcoming updates through the plugin center.
Check releases notes and download latest version. Please uninstall previous versions first before installing it.
One can find many network and graph datasets on this wiki page.
Gephi team is very proud to announce 0.7 version of the software, after almost one year of hard, yet passionate work. You can download and try the alpha version with various datasets. Please give us all feedback on our new forum.
Gephi is turning now in a fully collaborative free software project, as its software architecture allows collaborative development. The 0.7 project was a complete rewriting of the code in a modular way. Features were spitted in modules that can be developed and managed by different developers more easily. The Google Summer of Code 09 was a perfect way to experience our architecture. The modules developed at that time are now fully integrated in the 0.7alpha release. We plan to have many developers interested by creating plugins for Gephi. We oriented our new website in that way, have a look on the Plugin Center. Plugins could be anything, from a new layout algorithm to the connector that build graphs from your enterprise data. If you’re interested, please join the discussion on the forum.
We hope to collaborate with the entire community to help drive network visualization forward. Gephi’s aim is not only proposing unseen features, but above all build a professional tool that works and serve community’s needs.
Official 100-Day plan, presented as top priorities first
- Fix all reported bugs and improve usability. The 0.7 beta version will be released.
- Fill users’ Quick Start guide and create a simple tutorial how to use Gephi.
- Documentation, documentation and more documentation.
- Make a feature-madness video, to let people know us.
- Create tutorial pages for plugin development. At least layout, metrics and import.
- Fill the Plugin Portal documentation on the wiki.
- Create a Manifest and fill “Goals and Aims” on the website. Share our passion for graph visualization and highlight most challenging tasks.
- Start Gephi Student Program, by proposing a set of programming tasks that can be managed in a semester or a quartile by computer science students.
- Post blog articles about our approach and how Gephi is different (and great!).
- Reorganize 0.7 specifications and build a clear roadmap and a discussion space for future developments. Invite people to join the specification team.
- Finish documenting Gephi’s API.
- Give more insight which dataset Gephi can deal with, get closer from users’ needs by learning which networks they wants to visualize and support them in this task.
Please consider joining us for achieving these tasks! See the wiki.
Follow us on Twitter
Before any further announcement about the new 0.7 version, welcome to new Gephi website, an outstanding improvement for the community. The new version 0.7alpha has been uploaded on our server today at midnight. You can download it and start playing with it now.
We would be grateful if you could send us as many feedbacks as possible, about features, bugs and usability.
To start spread Gephi, you can already visit this page. However more materials will come soon, like a feature-madness video and more screenshots.
Follow us on twitter
Howdy! The Gephi Team is proud to announce that the new Gephi 0.7 alpha version will be release very very soon! This will lead to a complete shift for the community, making Gephi the network visualization and manipulation software we dreamed 3 years ago, when the project started at WebAtlas NGO in France.
During the next weeks, we’ll publish a serie of blog posts to tell you more about the project history and the evolutions brought by the next release (one clue: we built it on NetBeans Platform…). Stay connected with us on Twitter and Facebook. 🙂
Go to this page to view the detailed screenshot and register to be notified by email: