The Google Summer of Code 2011 is officially launched! Results have been announced by Google. Congratulations to the students that are joining Gephi project:
- Daniel Bernardes – Timeline player and movie creation
- Ernesto Aneiros – Indexing Attributes API with Lucene
- Keheliya Gallaba – Automated build & Maven
- Luiz Ribeiro – Scripting plug-in
- Urban Škudnik – Network visualization with WebGL
- Vojtech Bardiovsky – New Visualization Engine
- Yudi Xue – Preview Refactoring
You put a lot of attention on doing the bests applications and demonstrate great motivation in addition to strong technical skills. We are very excited to work with you guys!
This year we are also honored to count on world-class researchers in the mentoring team: Eytan Adar and Christian Tominski! Eytan is an Assistant Professor of Information and Computer Science at the University of Michigan, and is well-known for the graph exploration software GUESS. Christian is a Lecturer and Researcher at the Institute for Computer Science at the University of Rostock. He has authored and co-authored several articles in the field of information visualization.
The Summer Timeline:
* Until May 23: Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin working on their projects.
* May 23: Students starts to code
* July 15: Mid-term evaluation
* August 22: Pencils down